Sunday, August 28, 2011

Sofia Coppola and Thomas Mars

It's still frikken hot as balls in Seoul (especially today with a high of 92º) but believe it or not, with the fall equinox coming in less than a month, Summer is gradually coming to an end which means Fall wedding season is to begin. Thanks to Yahoo!News I've recently been informed of the Coppola/Mars wedding. Being a huge fan of Sofia Coppola this immediately caught my attention. I just recently watched her most recent film (about a year old), Somewhere (2010) that gives us a bittersweet look into the existential struggles of a quintessential Hollywood Actor. If action packed films are your style, I'd say steer clear of this one, but if you're into subtly voyeuristic films that take you on a realistic journey through a blip of someone elses life, then I definitely recommend it. Gotta be honest though, I'm a huge fan of her work, but since I'm not too big on following tabloids and what not, I had no idea who Thomas Mars was. Anyone else on the same boat? And though I've even seen his band, Phoenix, play live(Coachella 2010), I had no idea who he was until I read news of his and Sofia's joyous occasion. I guess I'm just a bigger fan of her films than I am of his music. (No offense Mr. Mars!)

A handsome couple they are though aren't they? I sincerely hope they last longer than the average Hollywood couple. I think they're worthy of that much at least.

Here's the beautiful region of Basilicata in Italy where they wed and where her great-grandfather was born. Jealous much??
 

Weddings have pretty much been the topic of conversation where I've been staying, since my cousin, who I'm staying with, has been planning for her wedding that's coming up in a few weeks. They picked a gorgeous spot in a traditional Korean outdoor venue called SamCheongGak in the heart of Seoul, minutes away from the Presidential Blue House. Here's a picture I took at the wedding fair that was held there last week..

T-20 days till their big day. Her fiance flew in today so I can imagine it's going to be a madhouse in this household for the next couple weeks with wedding preparations and all the family/friends that are soon to follow..

View of a typical SamCheongGak wedding from the above..
It's gonna be beautiful. :)

5 comments:

  1. i think i'm the opposite of you. her movies always put me to sleep but i like phoenix's music.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow really? i think her films are so charming and says so much without the heavy dialogue (which is hard to do i think). don't get me wrong though, i love phoenix. they're fun, catchy and all that jazz. my feelings for their music just don't run as deep i guess. still, the intro to love like a sunset is one of my faaaavorites...AND, she uses it in Somewhere! damn, i literally JUST made that connection.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 'too young' was in LiT too~~~~~~

    comment done :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am such a fan of Sofia and I loved her wedding dress. It was just perfect.

    ReplyDelete